Saturday 28 May 2011

Caulfield Horse Racing Wrap Up Saturday 28th May 2011 Victoria Australia

Caulfield wrap up.

Well it turned out to be another good day on the punt following on from Thursday at Sale. Caulfield has been kind to me.

In the Race 1 I had said I had already backed No 7 Limerock at much better odds than the $6.50 that were on offer. I had spoken to a good friend and he told me the horse had looked great through the week and that was enough for me. I has $5k eachway at $8 when markets first opened and should have backed outright, but never mind. It was a beautiful ride by the young apprentice. A commission to my mate makes him happy and me to.

Race 2 over night Tactless had been backed well in some markets, some very decent bets were placed. I waited on the Snowden runner and he opened at $6.50 and got out to $9. I thought people had got it wrong and then late was backed into $7.50. It was smart money, and strong support but I stupidly didn't get on the train. My mate did at the track and made a nice earner indeed.

In race 5 I said to watch the markets for support on Beyond Pardon and there was none. My mate at the track said the horse looked good but there was just no money coming for him. He opened $4.60 and then drifted to $6. I stayed off him and went for my second Secret Flyer as he looked excellent. I had him at $6 and the tote paid $6.80 but cannot complain. Secret Flyer flew home out wide and the 3kg claim was a big help.

Race 6 Shadowfax was a certainty for me. I had 10K earlier in the week at $1.85 and those odds were long gone. I invested another 10K at $1.70 and this was another nice return.

Race 7 with Tinamou scratched, it threw the race open for me. I had $3k on Streaky Fella but he ran third.

The last race 8, The first call Mid Summer Music stayed at $3 and the other horse I was worried about drifted About Ready from $4 to $5.50. That was good enough for me and I back Mid Summer Music at $3 for $5k. I said she had drawn wide but would probably not matter late in the day and horses had been making good ground. Lane pulled her wide in the straight and she motored home with the 3kg claim on her back.

The quadrella was fairly easy today, I had;

The first leg Secret Flyer, Basil Da Man and Beyond Pardon.

The second leg was the banker Shadowfax alone.

Third leg I had eight horses, I took 3,4,5,6,8,9,11,12. This was the hardest and most open leg for me and it proved this as well. Gallant Lady led the whole way, a great ride and Galileo bred so no surprise it ran this out and won at nice odds.

The last leg I had Mid Summer Music and About Ready.

1,4,5 / 2 / 3,4,5,6,8,9,11,12 / 1,4 at a cost of $48 for a full unit. I had it ten times and it paid a nice $740.

Hope that you had a good day as well. Tomorrow the racing is at Cranbourne on a heavy and Casterton on a dead track. I have four horses I am interested in but the fields are big so will be waiting to see how the day is unfolding.

No comments:

Post a Comment