Wednesday 22 June 2011

Sandown Lakeside Horse Racing Tips 22nd June 2011 Victoria Australia Wrap Up.

It was a wet track and a slog fest at Sandown today. It turned out to be a good day as I wasn’t really having a go.

In race 2 of the day I had $500 the win on Sunset Sioux but she run a good fourth. I will be following Tottenham Girl from this run as she didn’t look comfortable on the heavy track but ran a big race.

Race 3 I backed Rocksan $500 eachway and fell out the gates, did a lot of work hunting through the field, did run on and fight hard right to the line and a good run in all. Returned money at $2 the place.

Race 4 Pass Me By I wish I had more than the $500 eachway, I said it would take some to run him down. Returned $4,700 on the race.

Race 5 had $1,000 the win of Testascana and with 100mtrs to go thought maybe he would hang on but Ortayga was held up and when clear 200mtrs out motored home. Lost $1,000.

Race 6 keep an eye on my first choice Good Value after being scratched for this Saturday as is a nice looking horse. My second choice Go For Home I had $1,000 eachway and I liked his last start here at the track and lost a plate in the running. Oliver rode a great race here and I owe him a beer, was on the rail and pushed off just before the turn, about 4 wide in the straight and looked headed 50mtrs out by fast finishing Yokozuna but Oliver lifter him for a great win. Picked up $6,500.

Race 7 I had $1,500 on Roulettes for the win and she was very disappointing. Had every chance but gave nothing. Any Dream Will Do will pinch the odd city race, is still learning and when better schooled sure to win the odd $70k race. Dropped $1,500.

Race 8 I backed Melted my top pick and was shorter than I hoped but had $1,000 eachway and a good win. I said she looked a little underdone last start and the jockey did not have a good ride, here was a beautiful ride by Rosie Myers and looked like the horse she can be. Gittana is the horse to follow on the race as did the best work too late. Picked up $6,900.

So over the day invested $9,000 and returned $15,500 for a profit of $6,500. Not too bad for some fun today. I invested just under $80k last Saturday.

Remember being a professional punter is not easy, you have to be able to read form, watch all the races and also have ears on the ground. You have to be choosey with your betting. I only bet in Victoria, hardly ever interstate.

Since Saturday I have had two bets for a win and a second and tomorrow there isn’t anything I am overly keen on but I have horses jotted down and will keep an eye on the markets closely and of course watch every race.

If you want to make money from punting, it takes full time dedication. Of course you need the bankroll as well but you can do it in comparison to your wealth.

Tax free money, and a much better wage than working for any company, I make more from my punting than my businesses which I have to pay tax for.

Again set you betting limits and stick to them. Don’t bet more than you can afford and get help if you have a problem.

People like Brendan Fevola are not professional punters, he was a mug punter and I support them as they help me. Their money often goes on horses I don’t like getting me better odds.

I hope I help the odd Joe Blow, it takes a lot of work doing this blog as composing it takes time, I want to give my ideas on why I like a certain horse and not just the numbers.

Anyway, good luck if punting Thursday and Friday and will be back for Saturday’s meeting at Flemington.

No comments:

Post a Comment