Saturday 19 February 2011

Black Caviar a Horse for the Ages.

It isn’t often a horse can reduce you to tears; well have tears well in your eyes. Black Caviar did this for me today, not because she helped me win a load of money but just because she is so special.

She is a special horse and if you have the chance to watch her in person then go and do this as you will not see another sprinter like her for another lifetime.

Watch the race here and see how special she is. You need to go to the 19th of February race 6 Flemington but it is worth every minute it takes.

I had my largest bet in 5 years, $50,000 at $1.45. The exacta was a no brainer with Haylist and this paid $2 but I only put $3,000 on this but still a nice return. The trifecta was also an easy pick.

I took 7 Black Caviar as the standout for first, No 1 Haylist for second and my three choices for third being No 9 Crystal Lily, No 2 Grand Duels and No 10 Warm Love.
7 / 1 / 2,7,10 cost $3 a full unit and returned a nice $28.10. I had for 100 units so another nice return.

The first 4 I did the same taking 7 / 1 / 2, 7, 10 / 2, 7, 10 for a cost of $6 a unit and returned a huge $91.40. I only had this for 50 units but still a nice return.

The quadrella is looking good but still need the last two legs but I have in the third leg 2, 5, 8, 9, 12 into another standout in the last being 15.

My quaddie is 1, 4, 8, 11 / 7 / 2, 5, 8, 9, 12 / 15 costing $20 a unit for 50 units so keep fingers crossed for me.

Update: Last leg of quaddie coming up and the approx for the quaddie with No 15 is $215 so keep fingers crossed.

Earlier in the day in race 4 Do Ra Mi was my standout but when it was reported how good No 5 Southern Speed looked I had to lay off my horse and back her as well. Thankfully I did as she did win and easily and I came out just ahead thankfully. This is why you have to watch the markets and listen to what is going on at the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment